The Whole 9 Gallery shows beautiful things created with love from members of TheWhole9.com, an international online creative community, as well as other artists throughout the United States. We hold 6-8 exhibits a year including our annual Peace Project exhibit which features visions of peace from artists worldwide. Sales in the gallery help fund the life-changing work of The Peace Project, a non-profit we founded in July of 2010 to create big change powered by creatives.
Since The Peace Project's inception, we've changed thousands of lives through programs including:
- Educating dozens of children in Sierra Leone, Africa.
- Distributed 10,000 pairs of crutches to amputees, war victims, polio survivors and mothers and children in Sierra Leone on World Peace Day, 2011.
- Designing a Peace Museum for Sierra Leone in conjunction with the UN.
- Creating and producing Peace Tips, specially designed crutch tips that extend the life of crutches by one year.
- Designing an “instant house” and then rebuilding a community, plus our first Peace Center in the Philippines for victims of Typhoon Haiyan.
We’ve currently begun work to build a Peace Center in Sierra Leone, Africa, which will transform a site of violence into a site of healing and opportunity, helping to lift up an entire community.
We look forward to meeting you in the gallery or online. Thank you for helping us to prove:
Art Changes People. People Change the World.